TIDDR1 Final Report Approval Letter (U.S.Embassy, 2014)
Project number: SRB100-13-GR-304
Implementation period: 1 year (13 May 2013 – 12 May 2014)
Geographical coverage: Republic of Serbia (cities of Vranje, Aleksinac and Raška)
Budget: 21,777.00 US$
Funded by: Embassy of USA in the Republic of Serbia
About the project:
The overall goal of this project is to contribute to decreasing of early school leaving with focus on the particularly vulnerable, migrant and poor Southern Serbian communities in the cities of Vranje, Aleksinac and Raška through piloting the dropout prevention model of TUTORING SERBIA programme.
In addition, the project will contribute to:
- Fostering of local public private partnerships in Aleksinac, Vranje and Raška attested by the signed Memos on Cooperation and clearly assigned partners roles in tackling drop-out
- Increasing the level of importance, understanding and awareness of the early school leaving issue attested by the participation in partners discussions, schools and community changes of perception and cooperation initiative, attendance at project conferences, dissemination and multiplier effects that the process is expected to have and present in the form of a Handbook.
- Social experimentation, i.e. successful implementation of the tutoring initiative model in 3 schools measured by:
– Better achievement in specific subject/s, comprehensive knowledge increased
– Reduced number of skipping/avoiding school classes
– Better relationships formed with peers, being part of peer network, active participation in peer events and public life
– Positive feedback from parents, participating in projects meetings, recognizing program as supportive and effective
– Network parents – school – local institutions created for information sharing and joint action planning in reduction of dropout rate
– Youth friendly school teachers, minority and gender sensitive, open minded
The project has 2 phases:
1. establishing of the local PPPs (local authoritiy, schools, youth office, center for social work, youth NGOs, parents associations, etc.) that will have responsibility of implementing the TUTORING SERBIA programme in their local communities
2. Implementation of the programme – work of tutors with children, supervision of tutors and professional support to tutors
In the period May-June 2014 the evaluation of project achievements will be carried out in 3 communities.
Contact person for this project is Ms. Jelena Bubanja: jelena.bubanja(at)wb-instutute.org.
For more information on latest developments on the project do not hesitate to visit web page of TUTORING SRBIJA here.
Contact person: Ms. Jelena BUBANJA, e-m: jelena.bubanja(at)wb-institute.org